Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patch Issues - Report problems here!
Please report any issues you find with the patch here.

Please read the included README carefully before posting!

Any requesting or sharing of files is NOT ALLOWED here! Rip your own game disc!

Known Issues with Patcher:
- If you get an error that "comptoe.exe" won't start, try installing the x86 version of the VC++ 2013 redistributable: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/...x?id=40784
- If you have issues patching "string.svo", make sure you are using an unmodified string.svo straight from the Japanese game disc. Do not attempt to use a "string.svo" obtained in a different manner, or one that has been previously modified for a menu-only patch.
- If you get an issue along the lines of "Failed loading [filetype]", make sure the corresponding file is not set to read-only in its file properties. ToVPatcher needs full access to the files to create modified ones.
- If you get any kind of errors patching "EBOOT.BIN", make sure you have copied all files from the ebootmod download into the ebootmod folder. It will not work if you just copy the ebootmod.exe itself!
- Apparently, ebootmod also fails if the path you're patching in has any non-ASCII characters in it. If in doubt, extract the patcher to C:\ToVPatcher\.

Known Issues with Patch:
- Whenever the game pops up the PS3 System keyboard (for example when you try to change a character's name), the keyboard starts on Hiragana. Press Select twice to switch to Latin characters.
- The patched game will freeze on boot if you have Installed Game Data from the Japanese version. Delete テイルズ オブ ヴェスペリア (インストールデータ) in the PS3 Game Data Utility, the patch won't work with it installed. Save files are cross-compatible without known issues.
- Some game unlocks such as New Game+ are tied to Trophy data. If you can't make the console accept the modified Trophy file, please keep or restore the original Japanese TROPHY.TRP.
- The game may freeze shortly after loading save data when Yuri is equipped with the Treasure Hunter title. If this happens, please load a different save, then from the in-game menu load the affected save. If you don't have another save, load the affected save using the unpatched Japanese Tales of Vesperia game disc, change the title to a different one, save, and reload the save in the patched game.
During the battle tutorial with Boccos and Adecor, there's a minor typo.

http://hyouta.com/vesperia/?version=ps3&...P_0070_010

"Your target with automatically switch to an
enemy hit while moving freely with"

Should be

"Your target will automatically switch to an
enemy hit while moving freely with"

I won't have time to play the game much for a while, but I'll point out any others I find as well.
Yup that's a typo, kinda embarrassing to have one found this quickly. Thanks.
Some people seem to be getting a MD5 error on string.svo, do you know what it might be the problem?
I got this error when patching scenario.dat
"comptoe.exe - Application Error
The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click Ok to close the application."

then i click Ok, the patch error, decompression failed

and also string.svo got error that says "Source file does not appear to be ripped correctly. MD5 should be 831bf148d6c1e2002a6a94b43cfe8f6c but is 0985ed0274b416d6a4fd6fbd1d1f1b2b"

please help.
(03-15-2015, 01:57 AM)himeno Wrote: and also string.svo got error that says "Source file does not appear to be ripped correctly. MD5 should be 831bf148d6c1e2002a6a94b43cfe8f6c but is 0985ed0274b416d6a4fd6fbd1d1f1b2b"
Got the same problem. So I still can't use it, hope to find a way to make it work.
Anyway, thanks for all the hard work !  Heart
We're not entirely sure what's going on with the string.svo, multiple people are reporting issues, we'll try to investigate. Try re-ripping the file from your game disc, that has helped some people, maybe with a different method than before.

For the comptoe.exe issue, try installing the VC++ 2013 redistributable: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/...x?id=40784
Did you guys use download version from the internet? Since if so, the string.svo would have been patched with old English patch, it will change the MD5 => cause the problem. You will need a raw file from the disk to make it work.
(03-15-2015, 02:24 AM)Pikachu025 Wrote: For the comptoe.exe issue, try installing the VC++ 2013 redistributable: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/...x?id=40784

i have tried that and it's still got the same error  Sad . I'm on Windows 8.1 64bit.
(03-15-2015, 03:29 AM)himeno Wrote: sydan957

Did you guys use download version from the internet? Since if so, the string.svo would have been patched with old English patch, it will change the MD5 => cause the problem. You will need a raw file from the disk to make it work.

for string.svo never mind that, the patch worked,from your advice, thanks a lot Big Grin