Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how to...?
hi, i was looking for how to patch the tales of tempest rom on the forum but i didnt finded it u.u(when i downloaded long time ago tales of inocence from this page, it contais the patcher but nots the same with tempest u.u) ive got the original rom and the .dat but what i have to do now? im just so bad with this things...srry u.u
Everything is in the Readme:

"Patching Instructions

To make use of this patch, you will need the included tott.dat file and an unpatched rom
of Tales of the Tempest. We are providing only the patch and will not provide links or
other means by which to acquire an illegal copy of the game. Please only use this patch
in conjunction with a backup made from your legally purchased copy of Tales of the
Tempest.

The patch is in an xdelta format, so it's fairly simple to use.

If you are familiar with xdelta patching, feel free to use the command line. Otherwise,
you may want to use one of these interfaces:
PC: KaioShin's xdelta UI (http://www.romhacking.net/utils/598/)
Mac: Sappharad's MultiPatch (http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/746/)"
Hi,
Could someone here help me with patching this game please? I've never patched a game with a fan translation before so I don't really know what I'm doing and I'm sorry if some of these questions seem obvious to you guys. Blush  I've got a copy of the game and I've read the Readme but I don't know how to create a backup of the game so how do you create a backup of a DS game and how would I patch the game once I've done that? I guess this may seem like a silly question but would this work on a 3DS or does it need to be on a DS? I was just thinking that Nintendo have become stricter with security on their consoles and was wondering if they'd have any issues with someone playing a modified DS game on the 3DS.
You'll need a Slot 2 (the GBA slot) device for the regular DS in order to make a backup copy of your game. The exact process for doing it will depend on which device you have, so I can't provide specific directions for that. The only way you can play the game on a 3DS is if you have modified the firmware on your 3DS. It's possible, but not necessarily easy.
[Image: absolute_zero_t.png]
Thanks for replying. I still have my regular DS so I'll use that. So how do you create a backup copy? If I'm using the GBA slot, I take it I'll have to buy something else for it?
(07-16-2016, 01:05 AM)FonistofCruxis Wrote: Thanks for replying. I still have my regular DS so I'll use that. So how do you create a backup copy? If I'm using the GBA slot, I take it I'll have to buy something else for it?

As I said, the process for creating a backup will depend on which Slot 2 Device you decide to buy. I am not an expert on those devices and so I can't recommend one to you. It has been a long time since I used mine to make a backup, so I'm afraid I can't even help in that regard.
[Image: absolute_zero_t.png]
Okay, thanks for the advice anyway. I'll do some research on Slot 2 Devices.