Here we are again! Another update that I’ve been putting off for way too long! Sorry!
As predicted in the previous post, I’ve been super busy as of late. However, as those of you following our bot on twitter already know, I’ve been steadily making progress on Tales of Destiny and Tales of Phantasia. I’ve set a goal of making at least a little progress each day. Exactly what I’m working on and how much I do varies, but so far it’s been a good motivator to squeeze some progress out of an otherwise busy schedule.
The biggest thing to mention, of course, is that I finally finished the initial translation of the ToDr’s Monster Book. This was one of those perpetual tasks where no amount of effort seemed to get me any closer to the goal. And thanks to the slow and steady strategy, it’s finally done. With that, the initial translation of ToDr’s menu is basically done. The only thing left to do is to translate the summaries, but that will be easier to do as I progress through the story events, so it’s not my primary focus right now. Translation aside, there are a lot of technical and aesthetic things that still need to be dealt with before we officially declare the menu complete, but we’re at least one step closer.
I’ve been working on Tales of Phantasia’s menu as well. There aren’t too many changes from the PSX version of the menu, but I’m giving everything a fresh translation before I look to incorporate elements from the previous AZ and PP ToP translations. The goal is to make sure this is the definitive translation of the game, so I want to make sure I have a more up-to-date base to work from in order to prevent any mistakes from previous versions from slipping into it. Not the most exciting work in the world, but progress is progress.
That’s all I’ve really got for now. We’re still a ways from completion on these projects, but we’ll get there. Thanks for your patience!